IDF Announces Lineup of Projects for Ex Oriente Film Workshop
The Institute of Documentary Film (IDF) recently announced the lineup of projects that will participate in the next edition of Ex Oriente Film Workshop. The selection consists of twelve projects and includes Otilia Babara's 'Love is not an Orange' which participated in the EDN workshop Docs in Thessaloniki.
in Docs in Thessaloniki 2017
Ex Oriente Film is a workshop dedicated to the development and funding of creative documentary films in Central and Eastern Europe. For it's 15th anniversary edition, Ex Oriente Film - organized by IDF - has received applications coming from 40 countries across the globe. Among the selected projects is the title Love is not an Orange which examines the question of how a parent-child relationship can overcome many years of separation and whether or not, upon reunion, such a relationship can find its way back to normality. Love is not an Orange previously took part in Docs in Thessaloniki 2017.
The Ex Oriente Film workshop is based on three week-long residential workshops held over nine months. The first of its three one-week sessions will take place in Split on Croatia's Dalmatian Coast in cooperation with a local partner, Hulahop, a production company and organizer of Animafest, located in Zagreb. The workshop lead tutors will be EDN Head of Studies Mikael Opstrup (Denmark), producer and consultant Iikka Vehkalahti (Finland), director and script editor Ivana Pauerová Miloševičová (Czech Republic) and director and producer Filip Remunda (Czech Republic).
The selected projects for Ex Oriente Film 2017 are:
• Boylesque | Director: Bogna Kowalczyk | Producer: Tomasz Morawski, Alicja Jagodzinska | Poland
• Eagles from Țaga | Director: Popescu Adina, Ghervas Iulian-Manuel | Producer: Mitcu Claudiu | Romania
• ELKEA: Borders of Self-control | Director: Hanka Nováková | Producer: Katerina Traburová | Czech Republic
• Factory to the Workers | Director: Srdan Kovacevic | Producer: Luka Venturin | Croatia
• The Great Accelerator | Director: Oleksiy Radynski | Producer: Lyuba Knorozok | Ukraine
• Holy Culture! | Director: Ksenia Gapchenko | Producer: Marusya Syroechkovskaya | Russia
• Lady Porn | Director: Zoe D'Amaro | Producer: Danuta Krasnohorska | Italy / Poland
• Lesson of Love | Director: Malgorzata Goliszewska, Kasia Mateja | Producer: Anna Stylinska | Poland
• Love Is Not an Orange | Director: Otilia Babara | Producer: Jet Koomen, Hanne Phlypo | Romania / Belgium
• Never Happened | Director: Barbora Bereznáková | Producer: Hana Šilarová, Dávid Corba | Slovakia / Czech Republic
• Ordinary Film | Director: Liubou Ziamtsova | Producer: Maryia Yahorava, Mikalai Laureniuk) | Belarus
• Telebridge | Director: Ivo Briedis | Producer: Elina Gedina – Ducena, Gints Grübe | Latvia
• Company of Steel | Director: Yulia Gontaruk | Producer: Igor Savychenko | Ukraine
• Go Back! | Director: Boris Despodov Despodov | Producer: Plamen Bontchev, Boris Despodov Despodov | Bulgaria
Further links at edn.network
Search among 900+ film festivals in the EDN Festival Calendar
See Upcoming EDN Activities
Follow EDN on and