Baltic Sea Forum for Documentaries: Call for Submissions
The 21st edition of the Baltic Sea Forum for Documentaries, organized by National Film Centre of Latvia in collaboration with EDN, will take place from 6 - 10 September in Riga, Latvia. The aim of the forum is to create a platform where documentary producers pitch their latest projects to a number of commissioning editors from the Baltic, Russian and European television channels, international film distributors, sales agents and institutions. The deadline for submitting projects is 5 June 2017.
Baltic Sea Forum for Documentaries
Baltic Sea Forum for Documentaries (BSD) is an international project market, focusing on documentary filmmakers representing the greater Baltic Sea Region and former Eastern Block countries. BSD is further open to filmmakers from any other European country in case the subject of the upcoming film is related to the region. The 21st edition of BSD will take place in Riga, Latvia, from September 6 to 10, 2017 and will consist of the following components:
• two-day preparatory workshop for 25 producers and directors
• one day workshop on Docudrama
• two-day Forum: presentation of projects to a panel of around 16 international decision makers followed by individual meetings
• five days of documentary film screenings for the general public and professionals in Riga and regional centres
• professional networking meetings during the five forum days
Producers are welcome to submit up to three documentary projects by 5 June 2017. There is no submission or participation fee. Filmmakers interested in submitting their projects for Baltic Sea Docs can review the submission guidelines here and submit using this submission form.
In case of questions regarding the programme, please contact: .
Related links at edn.network
Search among 600+ events in the DOCalendar
See Upcoming EDN Activities
Follow EDN on and