March 13-15, 2018, Malmö, Sweden.
RealYoung is a 3-step program focusing on documentary stories for younger audiences. Here you will develop, present and network with the aim of bringing your next kids or youth documentary across borders to an international audience. The deadline for submitting projects is 10 January 2018.
Every day kids and youth consume a substantial amount of real life stories via YouTube channels, Instagram videos, Snapchats, TV and via many other outlets. Like sponges they absorb peer created content, cute cats, latest football goals, funny clips and much more. But where can they access edgy, daring, stimulating and thought-provoking reflections on real life?
Kids and youth grow up with visual media as the prime source for navigating and understanding the world around us. So how do we secure they are also offered an alternative to funny cats and laughing babies? With RealYoung we want to enhance the real life stories that can help shape the next generation and make them:
• Enhance their sense of being critical citizens
• Better understand the global society
• Navigate the complex digital media landscape
• Raise their understanding of other cultures
• Grow their entrepreneur- and leadership potential
RealYoung is a 3-step program where creators, funders, experts and publishers will develop, present and network with the aim of bringing great real life stories for kids or youth across borders to an international audience. We are now calling for six documentary projects aimed at younger audiences to take part in RealYoung 2018. All six projects will:
• get individual feedback through online consultation
• take part in an intensive 1-day development program
• have individual meetings with potential collaborators
• gain full access to The Financing Forum for Kids Content
• network with international colleagues
• obtain extensive knowledge about the international market for children and youth documentaries
• be considered for an EDN Online Pitching Session dedicated to documentaries for younger audiences.
How to participate
RealYoung is a joint initiative from three leading European actors in the field of documentary and youth content being:
The Financing Forum for Kids Content: the leading European financing forum for youth content, happening yearly in March in Malmö, Sweden.
IDFA: the world’s biggest documentary film festival happening yearly in Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
EDN – European Documentary Network: The leading network and knowledge organisation for the European documentary industry.
Ove Rishøj Jensen