March 14-16, 2017, Malmö, Sweden.
RealYoung is a 3-step program focusing on documentary stories for younger audiences. Here you will develop, present and network with the aim of bringing your next kids or youth documentary across borders to an international audience. The deadline for submitting projects is 16 January 2017.
Every day kids and youth consume a substantial amount of real life stories via YouTube channels, Instagram videos, Snapchats, TV and via many other outlets. Like sponges they absorb peer created content, cute cats, latest football goals, funny clips and much more. But where can they access edgy, daring, stimulating and thought-provoking reflections on real life?
Kids and youth grow up with visual media as the prime source for navigating and understanding the world around us. So how do we secure they are also offered an alternative to funny cats and laughing babies? With RealYoung we want to enhance the real life stories that can help shape the next generation and make them:
• Enhance their sense of being critical citizens
• Better understand the global society
• Navigate the complex digital media landscape
• Raise their understanding of other cultures
• Grow their entrepreneur- and leadership potential
RealYoung is a 3-step program where creators, funders, experts and publishers will develop, present and network with the aim of bringing great real life stories for kids or youth across borders to an international audience. We are now calling for six documentary projects aimed at younger audiences to take part in RealYoung 2017. All six projects will:
• get individual feedback through online consultation
• take part in an intensive 1-day development program
• have individual meetings with potential collaborators
• gain full access to The Financing Forum for Kids Content
• network with international colleagues
• obtain extensive knowledge about the international market for children and youth documentaries
• be considered for an EDN Online Pitching Session dedicated to documentaries for younger audiences.
How to participate
Download the RealYoung 2017 Flyer
Joining forces to lift documentaries for kids and young audiences to the next level, RealYoung is a collaboration among IDFA, EDN - European Documentary Network and The Financing Forum for Kids Content. We invite you to join us with your idea for an innovative documentary intended for younger audiences.
Ove Rishøj Jensen