EDN Online Pitching Sessions 2017: Rough cuts
December 12, 2017 from 14:00-15:00 (Central European Time). At the online EDN Video Conference Room.
The EDN Online Pitching Session is an online video conference, where a selected number of documentary projects are pitched and matched with decision makers fitting the specific profile of the projects. This pitching session is focusing on rough cuts. The submission deadline is November 14, 2017 at noon.
EDN Online Pitching is an initiative where 3-4 documentary projects are pitched to a group of hand-picked international financiers and decision makers. Each session will have a specific focus. The pitching takes place online in the EDN Video Conference Room and each session lasts one hour.
This session, taking place on December 12, 2017 from 14:00-15:00 (Central European Time), will focus on feature length documentaries at rough cut stage. During the online pitch the selected projects will get feedback from a panel consisting of festival programmers, sales agents and broadcast buyers.
So far the following panel participants have confirmed their participation:
- Giona Nazarro, Visions du reel, Switzerland
- Andrea Hock, Autlook Filmsales, Austria
- Gitte Hansen, First Hand Films, Switzerland
- Heidi Tao Yang, Hot Docs, Canada
- Niklas Engstrøm, cph:dox, Denmark
- Erkko Lyytinen, Yle, Finland
More participants will soon be confirmed.
How it works
Each of the 3-4 projects selected to take part in the online pitch will be asked to provide a 10-minute sample of their rough cut. These 10-minute samples will be circulated among the panel participants prior to the online pitch. During the online session, the project teams will be able to discuss with the panel participants and get their feedback.
How to submit a project for the EDN Online Pitching
We are calling for all types of feature length documentaries with the potential of premiering at a larger international documentary festival. The deadline for submitting your project is November 14, 2017 at noon. In order to submit your documentary project, you must:
1) Include info about your documentary project at the EDN web site. You do so by adding the project to your EDN Membership Profile.
2) Email a 2-page description of your project to EDN. In the 2-page presentation please indicate if you have any sales, distribution or broadcast partners confirmed.
3) Include in your email a link to a 10-minute sample of your rough cut and if available also a link to the total rough cut.
You email the 2-page presentation and the links to .
Participating in the EDN Online Pitching Session is free of charge, but it requires that you have created an EDN Membership profile via an EDN membership. If you are not a member of EDN yet, you can join EDN here.
How the EDN Online Pitching Session works
The aim of the EDN Online Pitching Sessions is to create a forum where documentary projects with a specific focus can be introduced and discussed. This low-cost set-up makes it possible to create space for introductions and discussions of themes and focuses not always viable in the offline world.
The selected projects will be circulated among the participating decision makers and experts before the session. During the online session the discussion and evaluation of the projects will be open. The feedback will be given by 4-6 financiers, decision makers and experts relevant to the specific focus for each session.
The involved partners in the session will all have audio and visual contact via the video interface provided in the EDN Video Conference Room.
All you need in order to take part in the EDN Online Pitching Session is:
• a computer with a cable connection to the internet (no WIFI)
• a microphone and camera built in/connected to your computer
• a pair of headphones.
EDN Contact Person
Ove Rishøj Jensen