EDN Online Outreach & Distribution Workshop 2015
December 9-11, 2015. In connection with the 2015 editions of Lisbon Docs and Docs in Thessaloniki, EDN is launching a new outreach and distribution workshop. The new format will create a synergy between the two events, by selecting the top projects from each forum and bringing them together in this post-event session taking place as an online workshop.
Focus for the session will be how the selected project teams can handle the increased need to combine new financing methods and alternative distribution methods with more traditional public funding sources. During the workshop the selected teams will strengthen the understanding of audience building and outreach for their projects in development. Through the online workshop the participants will:
- · Learn about tools for audience engagement
- · Sharpen their distribution strategy
- · Get individual feedback from outreach experts
- · Enhanced promotion and distribution possibilities.
The participants will benefit from these added values without adding extra travel costs and expenses for the production teams, as the seminar will take place online.
The two selected projects from Lisbon Docs 2015 are:
- Harry Gruyaert | Director: Gerrit Messiaen | Producer: Jurgen Buedts | Las Belgas, Belgium
- Marylyn & Emmeline | Director: Frank van Osch | Producer: Niekie Kleintjens | Van Osch Films, Netherlands
The two selected projects from Docs in Thessaloniki 2015 are:
- I had a Dream | Director: Claudia Tosi, Italy | Producer: Nathalie Combe | COSMOGRAPHE Productions, France
- Technology Refugees: A Very modern Warfare | Director and Producer: Biança Barker | Steadipix Productions, UK.
EDN Film Consultant Ove Rishøj Jensen will conduct the workshop in close collaboration with Documentary Campaigner and Filmmaker Ben Kempas from Film & Campaign.
EDN Contact Person
Ove Rishøj Jensen