Apply for Documentary Campus Masterschool 2015
The Masterschool is a development programme offering filmmakers an opportunity to access the international non-fiction market. The deadline for applications is November 30, 2014.
The Documentary Campus Masterschool is a program for 16 selected European producer and director teams, developing their documentaries at workshops across Europe. It takes place over a ten-month period with the help of international experts. The program is organised in the follow four stages:
- Stage 1: Storytelling - taking place ahead of the Sheffield Doc/Fest in June, 2015
- Stage 2: Funding and Producing - taking place in August
- Stage 3: Pitching - taking place in October in conjunction with the Leipzig Networking Days
- Stage 4: Promotion and Distribution - taking place in early November 2015
Projects submitted for the masterschool can be:
- · All types of factual media, in particular television series, creative docs, multiplatform or two-screen formats.
- · Genre films, such as history, science, arts, wildlife, natural history, environment, human interest.
- · Great stories that need additional development before being pitched internationally.
- · Stories and characters with the potential to reach global audiences.
Please note that projects already pitched internationally are ineligible.
During the compulsory four workshops, the participants will only have to cover costs for travel, accommodation, and daily subsistence. Documentary Campus bears the costs for the vocational training. These costs will have to be repaid when the developed project goes into production and are expected to be part of the final production budget. The repayment per project will amount up to €8,000.
Here you can find more information about the Documentary Campus Masterschool.
Related links at edn.dk
Search among 600+ documentary events in Resources