Sunny Side of the Doc — EDN Member Discount and Call for Projects
As every year, Sunny Side of the Doc (SSD) once again offers a unique opportunity for creative teams from all over the world to pitch their projects in development in front of leading international buyers and financiers. EDN will again be in charge of an umbrella stand at SSD and offers up to €75 discount on registrations. The submission deadline for projects is 25 April 2018.
Sunny Side of the Doc is calling all filmmakers to submit their projects in development or production, with appeal to international broadcasters, co-producers and other funders. Eligible for submission are one offs, mini-series, series or short formats as well as cross-platform projects and new digital narrative forms across all thematic pitching sessions.
Promoting both linear and non-linear concepts, Sunny Side of the Doc showcases the huge diversity of factual content creation. You can submit one offs, mini-series, series or short formats as well as cross-platform projects and new digital narrative forms across all thematic pitching sessions.
This year's call for projects is open to all authors, producers, directors, digital creators, games & interactive designers with the ambition to join the international non-fiction market. Submissions can be made for the following 6 categories:
- Arts & Culture: Projects aiming at a linear broadcasting and exploring arts topics such as biopics, music, cinema, architecture, fine arts, cultural heritage programs and pop-culture.
- Culture & Digital Creation: Projects developing innovative digital storytelling and new media tools, creating new interactions with the audiences and allowing new uses around cultural stories. Targeted creations are distinguished by their format, duration, narrative form, reach or naviga-tion process, interactive and participative dimension (animation, apps, virtual reality, augmented reality, gaming, visual arts…)
- History: Projects adopting a heritage-minded approach to historical narratives and the access to collective memory are also targeted.
- Science: this specific call is co-organized by EBU, for submissions in this category, please visit this link.
- Social & Human Interest: Inspiring projects providing a strong point of view and understanding of contemporary international, social and/or human issues.
- Natural History & Wildlife: Blue-chip filmmaking and challenging works in the natural history genre. Projects raising awareness on issues of preservation of the natural heritage are being sought. The setup of this session creates targeted connections between wildlife directors, buyers, distributors.
Register for Sunny Side via the EDN Umbrella Stand and save up to €75
All members of EDN can participate in the EDN umbrella stand and save up to €75. As every year, the EDN umbrella stand will be incorporated into the ‘European Spot’ area at SSD. For detailed instructions on how to get your accreditation discount and submit a project, please visit the EDN Member Discounts section (where you will find special accreditation links). If you're not a member of EDN yet, you can join our network here and save hundreds of Euros on accreditations and documentary-related events and services.
Further links at edn.network
Search among 600+ events in the DOCalendar