RMU Seeking 2020 Visiting Documentary Filmmaker
The Media Arts Department at Robert Morris University, based in Pittsburgh (USA), in conjunction with the Center for Documentary Production and Study, is currently seeking candidates for the University's 10th Visiting Documentary Filmmaker for a 16-week residency in documentary filmmaking for the Fall semester 2020. The deadline to submit applications is January 15, 2020.
Previous visiting documentary filmmakers at RMU include a number of current and former EDN members (internationals) who lectured and presented their work during the residency programme over the past years. The visiting documentary filmmaker will teach a documentary course and present his production work to the academic community at RMU as part of the 2020 residency programme.
• teach one documentary production class
• screen and discuss the filmmaker’s production work on campus and/or in the community; the filmmaker must have the right to screen her/his work while in residence
• be an active member of the university community, which includes participating in diverse activities, such as but not limited to, class visits, screenings, lectures, jurying student competition work, and engaging with students and faculty
• participate as a keynote filmmaker/presenter in MoonDocs® 2020 (a university documentary film event)
• make proven progress on the filmmaker’s own documentary work during the residency; the planned work outline to be submitted with the application
During the residency the University offers to the Visiting Documentary Filmmaker:
• a monthly stipend payment during the residency (four months)
• on-campus housing in the three-storey Snee-Reinhardt House for Media Arts which includes a spacious furnished 1-bedroom apartment with a kitchen on the upper level, a multipurpose studio work area on the main floor, and a high-definition 20-seat screening facility on the lower level
• round trip airfare in coach to Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
• access to production and post-production facilities, equipment and studios in the University’s Academic Media Center
More Information and How to Apply
For further details on the programme and how to apply, please visit this link at the RMU website.
Robert Morris University (RMU) is a private university in Moon Township, Pennsylvania. It also has a branch campus in Downtown Pittsburgh. It was founded in 1921 and is named after Robert Morris, a signer of the Declaration of Independence, Constitution, Articles of Confederation and financier of the American Revolution. It enrolls nearly 5,000 students and offers 60 bachelor's degree programs and 35 master's and doctoral programs. Most students are from the Pittsburgh area, while 16 percent of freshmen in 2018 were from outside Pennsylvania
Recommended links at edn.network
Search among 600+ events in the DOCalendar