RealYoung 2018: Call for Submissions
Submissions are now open for the next edition of RealYoung, a multi-part program focusing on documentary stories for younger audiences. At RealYoung filmmakers will develop, present and network with the aim of bringing their next kids or youth documentary across borders to an international audience. The deadline for submitting projects is 10 January 2018.
RealYoung is a 3-step program where creators, funders, experts and publishers will develop, present and network with the aim of bringing great real life stories for kids or youth across borders to an international audience. We are now calling for six documentary projects aimed at younger audiences to take part in RealYoung 2018. All six projects will:
• get individual feedback through online consultation
• take part in an intensive 1-day development program
• have individual meetings with potential collaborators
• gain full access to The Financing Forum for Kids Content
• network with international colleagues
• obtain extensive knowledge about the international market for children and youth documentaries
• be considered for an EDN Online Pitching Session dedicated to documentaries for younger audiences.
The RealYoung 2018 initiative is a programme consisting of three parts including two online components and one on-location meeting:
1. Pre-Workshop Module — Online Video Meetings: The selected project teams are preparing individually for the in residence workshop by getting one-on-one project consultation provided via videoconference by EDN.
2. Development, Presentation and Networking — The Financing Forum for Kids Content in Malmö, Sweden: The first day consists of an intensive development workshop focusing on project development and fine-tuning of project presentations. The second and third day focuses on pitching, one-on-one meetings and includes participation in The Financing Forum for Kids Content.
3. RealYoung Online Pitching Session — Video Consultation: All six projects from RealYoung will have individual consultation meetings, facilitated as an online video conference. The individual consultation will be with the RealYoung organisers from The Financing Forum for Kids Content, IDFA and EDN with the aim of mapping the further project development and outline the market potential for the project.
More information and how to apply
Filmmakers who who would like to apply for RealYoung 2018 will find all necessary details here:
Related links at edn.network
Search among 600+ events in the DOCalendar