New Competition 'Real Short Stories' Looking for Short Form Documentaries
YouTube Channel Real Stories, known for providing popular full-length documentaries via Google's streaming service, has recently launched its brand new competition 'Real Short Stories' aimed at creating Facebook-friendly short documentaries specifically designed to be used on social media platforms. The submission deadline is 16 July 2017, 10:00 p.m. (British Summer Time).
With social media platforms increasingly being used by audiences worldwide, more and more companies are looking into ways of producing suitable short form content for these platforms. Real Short Stories, supported by London-based media company Little Dot Studios, is looking to find the most compelling documentary short stories from across the globe and broadcast them as part of a two week-long series on the Real Stories Facebook channel. All successful entrants will get their film broadcast and promoted to a worldwide documentary loving audience and be in with a chance of winning a £1000 cash prize .
Real Short Stories will select 28 films to be broadcast as part of the series on Real Stories Facebook. Of these, 6 films will then be shortlisted as finalists. A panel of top documentary producers and commissioners from both Little Dot Studios and externally, will then choose one winning film that will receive a £1000 cash prize. In addition, all 6 shortlisted films will get the opportunity to pitch a separate original idea to the Real Stories Commissioning Editor at BAFTA.
Real Short Stories — Overview
• Entry is free and open to all factual films
• There is no time limit on when the films were produced
• There is no minimum duration and the maximum length is 10 minutes. Priority will be given to shorter content that is more Facebook friendly, so consider shortening or optimising longer films
• All 28 selected films will be promoted to a worldwide documentary loving audience through targeted Facebook advertising - taking your films to a new audience of thousands worldwide
• All shortlisted films will be viewed by a panel of documentary industry experts.
• All 6 shortlisted finalists get the chance to pitch an original docs idea to the Real Stories commissioning team at BAFTA
• All successful entrants get the chance to win a £1000 cash prize
Further details and submission guidlines
For further information and guidelines on how to submit, please visit this link.
Related links at edn.network
Search among 600+ events in the DOCalendar