Daazo Pitch Page Berlin Edition: Call for Projects
Filmmakers and producers have the chance to pitch their documentary project via the Daazo Pitch Page, an initiative offering a dedicated space for pitching projects in a magazine called World of Young Cinema. The publication will be distributed at the most important venues of the Berlinale, the submission deadline is 10 January 2016.
World of Young Cinema (formerly: World of Shorts) is the only print magazine which focuses on emerging filmmakers, short and first or second feature films, and young cinema talents. It is published at the largest European film festivals such as Cannes and Berlin. Its main aim is to present the most talented young filmmakers to the film industry.
With Pitch Page, WOYC offers the opportunity for filmmakers to present films that are in development or pre-production and to provide visibility even before their premiere. Why is WOYC good for your project? If you are in Berlin, your project’s visibility in the magazine helps you to network with the most important film professionals. If you cannot be there, World of Young Cinema’s Pitch Page can represent and promote your project.
Where is the magazine present?
- EFM venues
- Berlinale Talents
- Online: on issuu.com, daazo.com and social media
- Screenings of Berlinale Shorts
- In the mailbox of European industry professionals
What is required to get your project into the Daazo Pitch Page?
- the basic information on your film (short synopsis
- approximately 350 characters; genre; estimated total budget; list of professionals involved)
- a picture/photo/visual artwork
- which summarizes the project you want to pitch. It can be as personal as you choose
- your previous works (if there are any) uploaded to Daazo.com and a brief text about yourself
The application fee is 20 EUR and projects have to be submitted until 10 January 2016. A jury will choose seven projects that will be highlighted in the magazine (printed and distributed in 5000 copies in Berlin). The projects will be presented both in the magazine and online as well, whereas the magazine with the Pitch Page project will also be posted to industry professionals and film producers in Europe. In order to apply, please visit the Pitch Page 2016 website.
Related links at edn.dk
Search among 900+ film festivals in the EDN Festival Calendar