EDN Seeking New Director
EDN - European Documentary Network is welcoming applications for a new director. The new director will have the opportunity to shape the future of the largest pan-European documentary association with its operational office in Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
The designated director should start when possible and will be guided by Board Member Flore Deroose who serves as interim director since April this year. Candidates with an extensive professional network throughout the industry and a clear vision for the future of the documentary sector are welcome to apply until 25 October 2019.
Over the past months EDN had to focus on restructuring the organisation, moving EDN's operational office from Copenhagen to Amsterdam, building a whole new team while guaranteeing the continuity of EDN's activities, evaluating EDN's operations. It is now time again for a long-term director who can execute along the lines of the new strategic markers set out during this year.
EDN has the ambition to thoroughly reboot, renew and restructure the association in such a way that EDN members are part of this decision process and are much more than in the past benefitting from being a member of an association. While the EDN team has already started reaching out to potential candidates, the Board also invites all EDN members to suggest candidates for this position. The goal is to present and propose the new director at the General Assembly (G.A.) on 24 November in Amsterdam.
EDN is a global membership association connecting thousands of documentary professionals from across the globe, offering a networking platform for all players of the documentary sector. EDN focuses on providing documentary consulting and informing about possibilities for funding, financing, development, co-production, distribution and collaboration across borders.
Profile of the new director
In terms of qualifications, skills and experience, the ideal candidate for this position should have:
• a good overview of the current documentary landscape and how the market operates
• forward-thinking attitude with a notion for where the documentary sector is headed
• a clear vision for the development and funding of the association
• experience in fundraising and active advocacy on political, economic and institutional level
• excellent team working skills incl. proficiency in intercultural communication
• an extensive professional network throughout the documentary industry
• previous management experience in relevant organizations
• willingness to travel in order to represent EDN at international events
• proficiency with regards to English language skills
• ready to work at EDN’s office in Amsterdam
How to apply
Please send your application no later than Monday, 25 October 2019, with the documents listed below by email to Flore Deroose via flore_@If you can read this, please upgrade to a modern browser.edn.network.
The selection process will include an interview with both members of the board and the EDN team. It is further planned to announce the new director in November 2019. Applications will be handled confidentially and in compliance with GDPR regulations.
Documents to include in your application:
1. Motivational Letter (including your vision for the development of the association)
2. Curriculum Vitae (CV)
More information about EDN is available on our website here.
Recommended links at edn.network
Search among 600+ events in the DOCalendar
See links to European training initiatives in Resources