EDN Partners with FEST for its first Film & Audiovisual Law Conference
For its first Film and Audiovisual Law Conference, taking place from 21-22 March in Espinho, Portugal, EDN teams up with FEST, offering members of EDN a discount of €110 on registrations for the two-day event. The conference aims to explore latest changes in film and audiovisual laws and brings the discussion of legal aspects of media production and exploitation to a wider audience.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the Corona-Virus outbreak, this conference will be postponed to later this year. The new dates will be announced as soon as possible.
Designed for lawyers, public and private financiers, paralegals, film producers and directors, the Film and Audiovisual Law Conference will shed light on constant changes in the sector by analysing new tendencies in laws for film and audiovisual media, making it a unique conference on an European level. With top-level speakers, the conference will tackle the absence of similar events that address these issues on a European level and strongly encourages networking and the building of dynamics between producers, lawyers specialized in law of film and audiovisual media, and other agents present at the event.
The detailed programme, including many topics relevant for the daily work and tasks of filmmakers, can be found here.
• Kami Naghdi — Heads the Film and Television practice at Clintons
• Tom Guida — Leading industry expert in digital content and media
• Berkeley Edwards — Berkeley heads up the Music practice at Clintons
• Jenny Parker — Jenny is a Senior Associate at Clintons, identified as a ‘Rising Star’ by the Legal 500 (2020) for her work in Film and TV
The conference will focus on film and audiovisual law, a cornerstone knowledge for a sustainable evolution in the film industry, a topic that is widely under-represented. Law for Film and Audiovisual is a constantly evolving discipline, adapting to the legislative technological and social evolution in this industry, and therefore it is vital to have the most up-to-date knowledge available, as well as a space to discuss it. With this conference FEST is aiming to create exactly that.
MAIN CONFERENCE GOALS:
• To analyse the new tendencies in law in film and the audiovisual sector
• To make up for the absence of conferences that address this issue on a European level
• To enlarge the theme´s comprehension and knowledge of producers and other agents that may be present in the event
• To encourage networking and the building of dynamics between producers, lawyers specialized in law of Film and Audiovisual, and other agents presents at the event
• To demystify some concepts associated with Law in film and the audiovisual sector
EDN Member Discount on Submissions and Registrations
EDN Members save €110 on registrations for FEST's first Film & Audiovisual Law Conference. For more information on how to obtain the discount, please visit the EDN Member Discount section, scroll down to the relevant section for the discount and follow the instructions. When visiting our discount section, please make sure to be logged-in with your EDN membership account. If you're not a member of EDN yet, you can join us here.
More information about the conference:
Recommended links at edn.network
Search among 600+ events in the DOCalendar