Crossing Borders Announces Decision Maker Line-Up for its Pitching Session in Kuala Lumpur
Crossing Borders is EDN's annual flagship initiative connecting European and Asian documentary professionals in a three-part training programme focusing on international co-productions. The programme, which is initiated and organised with Documentary Campus, is now announcing the list of decision makers participating in the pitching panel on December 9.
In collaboration with Documentary Campus and with the support of Creative Europe MEDIA, EDN will be organizing the final session of this year's Crossing Borders programme from 6 - 9 December in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. The programme was instrumental in co-developing a variety of successful titles such as Inside the Chinese Closet by Sophia Luvarà (Production: Iris Lammertsma, Witfilm) and The Lovers and the Despot by Rob Cannan & Ross Adam (Production: Natasha Dack , Tigerlily Films Ltd.). This year's edition is presented in partnership with FINAS – The National Film Development Corporation Malaysia and MyDocs.
EDN Network & Partnerships Manager Cecilie Bolvinkel - who has been running the programme over the past years - said in a statement:
“After having successfully presented the 2017 Crossing Borders projects to the European market during the pitching at the Leipzig Networking Days in October, we are now very happy to also present the projects to a panel of mainly Asian decision makers. The Crossing Borders participants hereby get a unique insight into the possibilities of the Asian market through the pitching session and through individual meetings with the current movers and shakers in the industry.”
Crossing Borders is an international training programme launched in 2010 by Documentary Campus and EDN. It brings together filmmakers and documentary experts from both Europe and Asia, who are highly motivated to collaborate with each other across national borders, and have the ambition to enter each other’s markets both artistically and financially. More information about the Crossing Borders programme can be found here.
List of Decision Makers for Crossing Borders Part III:
• Dato Azmir, Deputy Director General, FINAS, Malaysia
• Justin Deimen, Managing Partner, Aurora Media Holdings / Aurora Global Media Capital, Singapore
• Meriem Mesraoua, Grants Senior Coordinator, Doha Film Institute, Qatar
• Mavourneen Dineen, Senior Producer for 101East, Al Jazeera Media Network, Malaysia
• Taiyi Liu, Taiwan Section Chief, Media Development, Dept. Curation & Acquisition Section, DaAi TV
(Tzu Chi Culture and Communication Foundation), Taiwan
• Laura Glassman, VP of Programming and Production, Regional, NGC, Hong Kong
• Panuksmi Hardjowirogo, Founding Producer, M'GO FILMS, Singapore
• Apoorva Bakshi, Managing Director Original Productions, Filmkaravan, USA
• Laetitia Schoofs, Commissioning Editor, Buddhist Programming, KRO-NCRV, The Netherlands
• Yoshihiko Ichiya, Japan Senior Producer / Global Content, Development Division, NHK, Japan
• Jae Hyuk Lee, Senior Vice President of CJ Factual Studios, CJ E&M, Korea
Watch the Crossing Borders trailer:
Related links at edn.network
Search among 600+ events in the DOCalendar