DOKU.ARTS Essaydox: Call for Submissions
Essaydox is the theme of this year's 10th edition of DOKU.ARTS, inviting international filmmakers and audiences to explore essayistic documentaries that have become an independent art form over the last decades. The programme will include a variety of new documentary and essay films many of which will be screened in Berlin for the first time. The organizers are now calling all filmmakers to submit their projects until 1 May 2016.
DOKU.ARTS screens art documentaries from all over the world and across all genres ranging from architecture, visual art and music up to literature and many other artistic fields. In addition to documentaries on art, each edition of DOKU.ARTS also dedicates a selection of films to a specific topic and/or region. This year’s edition focuses on "essayistic documentaries". The non-competitive festival will take place from 6-23 October 2016 at the Zeughauskino of the "Deutsches Historisches Museum" in Berlin, Germany.
Excerpt of the festival regulations for submitting films to DOKU.ARTS 2016:
• films of all lengths may be submitted for selection
• all films produced after 1 January 2014 are eligible
• DOKU.ARTS will only accept films which were NOT shown to the public in Berlin prior to the festival
• the submission fee is EUR 15,00 for each film
• the preview format is DVD or via screening link
• no digital files or USB sticks will be accepted for previewing purposes
• screening links or preview DVDs and the entry fee must be received before 1 May 2016
Full Submission Guidelines & Regulations (PDF)
DOKU.ARTS is a noncompetitive documentary film festival that takes place annually in Berlin, Germany. From extended observations to essayistic films, from compilation films to homages, the festival presents creative documentaries from filmmakers and cineastic documents with an artistic approach to the subject. By focusing on the advancement of this valuable genre, the DOKU.ARTS festival is unique in Europe.
Related links at edn.dk
Search among 900+ film festivals in the EDN Festival Calendar