Market Mentors at Sheffield Doc/Fest 2017
June 13, 2017. Sheffield, United Kindom.
The Market Mentors programme is a collaboration between EDN and Sheffield Doc/Fest bringing together emerging documentary filmmakers and experienced industry professionals with the aim to provide advice, feedback and training for up-and-coming documentary talents and their projects. The submission deadline is Friday, 26 May 2017.
Market Mentors is a unique opportunity for new and emerging documentary filmmakers to connect with experienced Executive Producers and industry experts for mentoring and advice about a specific film project. Coordinated by the European Documentary Network (EDN), successful applicants will be given pitch-training and paired with an experienced industry mentor for project-specific feedback and pointers on development, where to go next, and how to improve your chances of securing funding and distribution.
Up to 30 projects will be selected to take part in this event, and the successful projects will be notified within a few days time after the submission deadline has passed. All applicants are welcome to attend the first stage of the Market Mentors session in Sheffield, which includes a session around pitching presented by EDN.
You don't need to have a festival pass in order to apply to Market Mentors. However, if you're application is selected you must purchase a festival pass to take part.
HOW TO APPLY
In order to apply, you will need to make sure to submit the following elements:
• A short summary of a documentary project you’re working on – no more than 250 words in length
• A brief biography and full contact details
• The application must fit on one side of A4
• Attach a copy of the application fee receipt (see 'SUBMISSION FEE')
• Deadline: 26 May 2017
• Send all of the above to auriol_@If you can read this, please upgrade to a modern browser.edn.network
Please note that there is a £10 application fee that must be paid before you submit your proposal. You will receive a receipt automatically after payment. Please forward this receipt with the application attached. Any proposal received without proof of payment will not be considered. The submission fee has to be paid via the Sheffield Doc/Fest website (click on the payment button and include the receipt in your application).
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
Market Mentors is aimed at helping new and emerging talent. We look at two things when assessing your submission: You and Your Project.
• You do NOT need to have previous experience in the film industry
• You will be either producer or director of the proposed project
• Up to two people can apply together, representing one project
• Your project can be documentary, factual, specialist factual or current affairs
• It might be a feature, a TV doc, a series, a transmedia project or any combination of these
• Early-stage ideas are welcomed; projects that are seeking distribution, or completion finance, are not
• We’ll look for a sense that access to the subject or story has been secured, and that your project has the potential to be realised in the current market
Questions & Inquiries
In case of questions regarding the programme and/or the submission requirements, please contact Auriol Wyles via auriol_@If you can read this, please upgrade to a modern browser.edn.network.