EDN Online Outreach & Distribution Workshop 2017
December 4-6, 2017. In connection with the 2017 editions of Lisbon Docs and Docs in Thessaloniki, EDN is offering a dedicated outreach and distribution workshop. This format will create a synergy between the two events, by selecting the top projects from each forum and bringing them together in this post-event session taking place as an online workshop.
Focus for the session will be how the selected project teams can handle the increased need to combine new financing methods and alternative distribution methods with more traditional public funding sources. During the workshop the selected teams will strengthen the understanding of audience building and outreach for their projects in development. Through the online workshop the participants will:
- · Learn about tools for audience engagement
- · Sharpen their distribution strategy
- · Get individual feedback from outreach experts
- · Enhanced promotion and distribution possibilities.
The participants will benefit from these added values without adding extra travel costs and expenses for the production teams, as the seminar will take place online.
The two selected projects from Lisbon Docs 2017 are:
- Operation Globe | D: Ariadna Seuba Serra | P: Guillermo F. Florez, Katja Draaijer | Rolling Basis Films | Spain
- Shit Happens | D: Rubén Abruña, Marcel Kolvenbach | P: Valentin Thurn | Thurn Films | Germany
The two selected projects from Docs in Thessaloniki 2017 are:
- Sons of the Mafia | D: Sophia Luvarà | P: Iris Lammertsma & Boudewijn Koole | Witfilm | The Netherlands
- Number 387 (The Watchmen) | D: Madeleine Leroyer | P: Valérie Montmartin | Little Big Story | France
EDN Film Consultant Ove Rishøj Jensen will conduct the workshop in close collaboration with Documentary Campaigner and Filmmaker Ben Kempas from Film & Campaign.
EDN Contact Person
Ove Rishøj Jensen
Phone: +45 3313 1122