Lisbon Docs 2015: New Gateways to Your Audience
October 10 - 15, 2015. Lisbon, Portugal.
The 2015 edition of Lisbon Docs concentrates on strategies to create top-quality documentary projects and on how to deliver them to existing and to new audiences. If you are a documentary maker with an international project in development, Lisbon Docs is the place to be. Lisbon Docs is a reference for professionals who seek financing and co-production opportunities for documentary projects.
The 16th edition of the event will take place from 10 to 15 October 2015 at Culturgest in Lisbon, Portugal. At Lisbon Docs, participants will be introduced to the power of new players in the distribution and financing markets. The workshop sessions will focus on analyzing the content of the selected projects, on delivering advice on how to tell the stories in a way that will allow people to find an audience without loosing artistic integrity.
Lisbon Docs is open for all European documentary professionals and has a limited number of seats for participants coming from outside Europe. Submissions are accepted from professionals, who want to take part in an intense creative dialogue and development process as well as present their project to potential documentary financiers, European television channels and producers. In the past, Lisbon Docs has proven to be successful in pushing filmmakers into the international scene.
The Lisbon Docs Forum consists of two distinct working phases: the first part is a workshop during which the participants are accompanied by a team of experienced tutors in the development of their projects. The second part consists of two pitching sessions where the projects are presented to a panel of production and distribution professionals, potential co-producers and financiers. Attendance at both work phases is mandatory. Participants of Lisbon Docs will gain a great network of international colleagues and get unique opportunities to introduce their documentary projects to industry professionals.
Overview of Tutors
Edda Bauman von Broen | Producer | Germany
Tracie Holder | Producer & Director | USA | Specialist in USA Funding
Marta Andreu | Director | Spain
Audriusz Stonys | Director | Lithuania
Peter Jäger | Distribution, Marketing & Sales Lecturer and Consultant | Austria
Christian Popp | Procucer Yuzu Productions | France
Joelle Alexis | Editor | Israel
Graça Castanheira | Director | Portugal
Confirmed Panel Members
Martin Pieper | ZDF/ARTE (TV) | Germany
Catherine Le Goff | ARTE GEIE (TV) | France
Jenny Westergaard | YLE/FST (TV) | Finland
Magdalena Borowska | TVP1 (TV) | Poland
Alexandra Hannibal | Tribeca (Fund) | USA
Charlie Philips | The Guardian (Newspaper) | UK
Robert Salvestrin | Lucky You (Distributor) | France
Camilo Acevedo | RTP (Public Broadcaster) | Portugal
Adriek van Nieuwenhuysen | IDFA/Forum/Bertha Fund (Festival/fund) | Netherlands
Selected International Projects:
- The Jungle | Amundsen Production AS | Norway
- The Roommates | Cinérgie Productions | France
- White Cube | Endorfina Studios | Poland
- My Father Ate a Bear | Puksar Filmes | Brazil
- Gods of Mexico | Narvalus Films, K2 Film | USA/Poland
- Bar Italia Tales | Gabriele Iacovone | United Kingdom
- Harry Gruyaert | Las Belgas | Belgium
- Atomfa | Truth Department | United Kingdom
- Mr. Jan and his 40 Girls | Graniza | Poland
- Marylyn & Emmeline | Van Osch Films | Netherlands
- A Rough Patch | Ostia Films | Spain
- Paju - Living in Sight of North Korea | mandarinenfilm | Germany
- Leaning into the Wind | Magamedia Teo | Ireland
- Yoghurt Utopia | Chimerica Media | United Kingdom
- Digital Single Market Man | Acuba Film | Estonia
- Mr. Gay Syria '70 | A. Toprak / C. Doruk | Syria/Turkey
- The Bomb and Us | Zaradoc Films | France
Selected Portuguese Projects
- Quel Pedra | P.V. Pimentel, I.Oliveira | Portugal
- Upatanisho | Ukbar | Portugal
- Lavandaria do Idoso | Simple Plan | Portugal
- 1, 2, 3 Mothers | Shoe Box | Portugal
- The Day Djaló Woke Up Yellow | C. Carneiro | Portugal
- Terra Franca | Uma Pedra no Sapato | Portugal
In connection with the 2015 edition of Lisbon Docs EDN is launching a new outreach workshop, which is tied to this pitching forum as well as Docs in Thessaloniki. The new format will create a synergy between the two events, by selecting the top projects from each forum and bringing them together in this post-event session taking place as an online workshop.
Focus for the session will be how the selected project teams can handle the increased need to combine new financing methods and alternative distribution methods with more traditional public funding sources. During the workshop the selected teams will strengthen the understanding of audience building and outreach for their projects in development. Through the online workshop the participants will:
- · Learn about tools for audience engagement
- · Sharpen their distribution strategy
- · Get individual feedback from outreach experts
- · Enhanced promotion and distribution possibilities.
The participants will benefit from these added values without adding extra travel costs and expenses for the production teams, as the seminar will take place online. The workshop is scheduled as a three-day event in early December 2015.
+45 3313 1122