Baltic Sea Forum for Documentaries 2014
September 3 – 7, 2014. Riga, Latvia
The Baltic Sea Forum for Documentaries is a pitching session and workshop combined with film screenings. It is aiming at documentary films produced in the Baltic and surrounding countries or productions with a subject related to the region. Submission deadline for applying with a project is June 6, 2014.
The Baltic Sea Forum consist of:
- - A three-day pitching seminar with preparatory workshop for the selected documentary pitching teams on project and trailer development, pitching training and international co-production matters
- - Two days of pitching where the documentary projects are pitched to a panel of around 14-16 international commissioning editors followed by one-to-one meetings
- - Documentary film screenings for general public and professionals
- - Professional networking and meetings during the five days in a friendly and positive environment.
So far the follow experts and decision makers have confirmed their participation in the pitching panel:
- Aleksandra Derewienko, Taskovsky Films, UK
- Anna Rozenvalde, LTV, Latvia
- Charlotte Gry Madsen, SVT, Sweden
- Esther van Messel, First Hand Films, Switzerland
- Grigory Libergal, DVD Sales, Russia
- Heribert Schneiders, MDR, Germany
- Heino Deckert, Deckert Distribution, Germany
- Jan Daae, DR International Sales, Denmark
- Jenny Westergard, YLE, Finland
- Magdalena Borowska, TVP, Poland
- Marje Jurtshenko, ERR, Estonia
- Nikki Heyman, PBS POV, USA
- Robert Zuber, HRT, Croatia
During the preparation workshop from September 3-5 film producers and directors will improve their pitching skills under the guidance of the international tutors team:
- Mikael Opstrup, EDN Head of Studies, Denmark
- Tue Steen Müller, documentary film consultant, Denmark
- Emma Davie, film director, profesor of Edinburg University, Scotland
- Hanka Kastelicová, HBO Europe, Hungary
- Ivana Pauerová Miloševičová, Film Studio, Czech Television, Czech Republic
- Thierry Detaille, Ventes-CBAWIP-Sales/Visible Film, Belgium.
In addition to the tutor team, Canadian/Swedish film editor Phil Jandaly will consult the participants about the trailers of the projects.
On 5th of September an open workshop will be held on Transmedia storytelling and marketing. Lecturers: Mathias Noschis (film marketing expert, Alphapanda, Switzerland) and Domenico La Porta (expert on transmedia storytelling, cross-platform movie promotion, crowd strategies, media and a/v production, KWEB, Belgium)
Who can participate?
You can apply, if you represent one of the following:
- - Independent production companies from the wider Baltic Sea Region countries
- - Independent production companies from developing democracies of the former Soviet Union
- - Independent production companies from other European countries if the documentary subject relates to the wider Baltic Sea Region.
Producers may attend the Forum as observers without pitching a project. You can register as observer until August 15, 2014.
Projects selected for Baltic Sea Forum 2014
Prod. Steven Dhoedt
Prod. Margus Õunapuu
Prod. Jaak Kilmi
Prod. Kadriann Kibus
Prod. Liisa Juntunen
Prod. Rebecca Houzel
Prod. Alexander Kvatashidze
Prod. Giorgi Chaduneli
Prod. Christian Beetz
Prod. Jan Kaczmarski
Prod. Gints Grūbe
Prod. Elīna Karule, Uldis Cekulis
Prod. Ieva Goba
Prod. Guntis Trekteris
Prod. Dovydas Petravičius
Prod. /Dir. Giedrė Žickytė
Prod./Dir. Katarzyna Trzaska
Prod/Dir.Aleksandra Skowron and Miroslaw Skowron
Prod./Dir. Maciek Hamela
Prod. Natalia Mansky
Prod. Vlad Ketkovich
Prod. Anna Weitz
Prod. Emilia Bromiley
Phone: +45 3313 1122
The Baltic Sea Forum for Documentaries is organised by The National Film Centre of Latvia in collaboration with the European Documentary Network and Baltic Films.