Sundance Documentary Film Program announce grants
The Sundance Institute has announced the documentary projects granted in their Fall 2013 Grants and Creative Support cycle for documentaries.
The Fall 2013 round accepted nearly 750 applications worldwide from filmmakers working in 93 countries who submitted work of great artistry and humanity. 35 of the projects received support through one of the six different support schemes. The supported projects are:
- · 3.5 Minutes (Marc Silver, U.K.)
- · The Betel Begins The Conversation (Bao Nguyen, Xuan Anh Duong, Vietnam/U.S.)
- · Brick (Jessica Dimmock, Christopher LaMarca, U.S.)
- · The Campus Project (Kirby Dick, U.S.)
- · Day After Tomorrow, Kamar Ahmad (Bangladesh)
- · Down By Law (George Amponsah, U.K.)
- · Freedom Fighters (Jamie Meltzer, U.S.)
- · How To Change The World (Jerry Rothwell U.K.)
- · Like Ants For Sugar (Shirley Abraham, India)
- · The Lovers And The Despot (Rob Cannan, Ross Adam, U.K.)
- · Never Better (Claudia Abend, Adriana Loeff, Uruguay)
- · Recovering Irma (Sandra Salas, U.S.)
- · The Trial Of Ratko Mladic (Henry Singer, Robert Miller, U.K./U.S.)
- · Untitled Cold Case Film (Jason Osder, Will Youmans U.S.).
- · Art And Craft (Jennifer Grausman, Sam Cullman, U.S.)
- · Baglar (Berke Bas and Melis Birder, Turkey)
- · Bukom Fighter Makafui Zimrani (Ghana)
- · Cocaine Prison (Violeta Ayala, Bolivia)
- · (T)Error (David Felix Sutcliffe, Lyric R. Cabral, U.S.)
- · In Country (Meghan O'Hara and Mike Attie, U.S.)
- · The Look Of Silence (Joshua Oppenheimer, U.S.)
- · The Notorious Mr. Bout (Tony Gerber and Maxim Pozdorovkin U.S./Russia)
- · Please Remember Me (Qing Zhao and Violet Du Feng, People’s Republic of China)
- · Silvered Water (Ossama Mohammad, Syria)
- · Wind On The Moon (Seung Jun Yi, South Korea)
- · A Young Patriot (Haibin Du, People’s Republic of China).
CANDESCENT FILMS AWARD
- · E-Team (Katy Chevigny, Ross Kauffman, U.S.)
- · Marmato (Mark Grieco, U.S.)
- · Private Violence (Cynthia Hill, U.S.).
TIME WARNER FELLOWSHIP
- · Recolectores (The Gatherers) (Bernardo Ruiz, U.S.)
CINEREACH PROJECT AT SUNDANCE INSTITUTE
- · Rich Hill (Tracy Droz Tragos, Andrew Droz Palermo, U.S.)
- · Diagnosis Of A Faun (Tamar Rogoff and Daisy Wright, U.S.)
- · The House I Live In (Eugene Jarecki, U.S.)
- · Inequality For All (Jacob Kornbluth, U.S.)
- · The Invisible War (Kirby Dick, U.S.).
Sundance Institute Documentary Film Program provides creative and financial support to cinematic feature documentaries from independent filmmakers globally. In addition to financing, the Program offers a year-round suite of creative support opportunities including Creative Labs, Fellowships, and editorial consultation. Submission deadlines are in February and July of each year.
You can read more about the Sundance Institute Documentary Film Program in The EDN Financing Guide.
Related links at edn.dk
Search among 500+ festivals in the EDN DOCalendar
See Upcoming EDN Deadlines