Apply for CoLAB in New York
The UnionDocs Collaborative Studio (CoLAB) is a 10-month program for a select group of media artists from the US and abroad. Deadlines for applying are June 15 for resident applications and July 1 for non-resident applications.
Based in New York, CoLAB offers a platform for exploring contemporary approaches to the documentary arts and a process for developing an innovative collaborative project. The program consists of weekly production meetings, seminars, screenings and other public programs, along with regular masterclasses and critiques with visiting artists. Key benefits include:
- - Dynamic interaction among a network of talented peers
- - Direct exchange with visiting artists and industry experts
- - A structured environment for research and experimentation
- - Mentoring on the production of original work and regular group critique
- - Exhibition opportunities for the year's collaborative project.
CoLAB is offering residency and visa support for six participants coming from abroad and an equal number of spots for local, non-resident participants. It is designed to be affordable and, although participants are asked to make the CoLAB their primary creative focus, the schedule does accommodate full-time or freelance work. Rather than applying with a project proposal or rough cut, all participants are selected on the basis of previous work and enter the program at square one, open to discovery and fresh connections.
Here you can read more about CoLAB.
Related links at edn.dk
See links to MEDIA training in Resources
See Upcoming EDN Deadlines