WEB DEVELOPER - National Film Board of Canada
Written on: 02. 04. 2014 [10:39]
Ove Rishøj Jensen
POSITION NUMBER: 20004089
POSITION STATUS: Temporary, 1 year (with possibility of extension)
DIVISION: Accessibility and Digital Enterprises
DEPARTMENT: Platform Development/Production
SALARY RANGE: 09 – $64,588 to $81,773
UNION CATEGORY: Administrative and Foreign Services
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
Under the supervision of the Director, Platform Development, works with the NFB’s Platforms team to develop and manage various Internet projects. Develops site architecture and finds innovative technical solutions for clients in cooperation with key staff in the NFB’s technical departments.
• Ensures the development and management of the technical aspects of Internet projects, based on the needs of NFB clients and in consultation with other members of the Platform Development team;
• Responsible for programming and application architecture as well as for proposing, in consultation with key personnel in the NFB’s technological departments, specific and innovative solutions for the development of a variety of Internet projects;
• Participates in the analysis of project feasibility in order to ensure technological solutions that are at the cutting edge of the industry;
• Participates in technology watch and proposes specific and innovative solutions with a view to optimizing Web project development methods;
• Contributes to team management practices using Agile methodologies;
• Other related tasks (ScrumMaster, release master, quality assurance master, etc.).
• A degree in an appropriate discipline, such as computer science, multimedia production technology or multimedia integration technology;
• At least three (3) years or more of relevant work experience in Web development or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
• Very good knowledge of the tools and applications used in the design, development and implementation of Internet sites;
• Proficiency in spoken and written English and French;
• Familiarity with: Mac, Linux, and Windows OSs;
• Knowledge of Django and APIs;
• Familiarity with: RDBMS (MySQL, SQLite) and NoSQL (e.g. ElasticSearch);
• Familiarity with: HTTP servers and network concepts;
• Ability to translate visual representation and interaction concepts in terms of data systems and structures, as well as ability to work effectively as part of a multidisciplinary team;
• Highly motivated in his or her area of expertise and in maintaining up-to-date knowledge of new technologies;
• Experience in a systems administrator role is an asset;
• Knowledge of AGILE methodology is as asset.
Suitable personal qualities such as open-mindedness, creativity, a sense of innovation and organization, good judgment and attention to detail.
Read more about how to apply: http://onf-nfb.gc.ca/en/jobs/positions-available/?jobid=20973