EDN Online Pitching call for cross platform projects
EDN – European Documentary Network is pleased to introduce EDN Online Pitching. This new thematic pitching format is based on an online video conference, where a selected number documentary projects are introduced. For the first session EDN is calling for documentary projects with a cross platform potential. Deadline is September 15, 2010.
At the EDN Online Pitching four documentary projects are pitched to a group of leading international financiers and decision makers. Each session will have a specific focus like science, history or cross platform. The pitching takes place online in the EDN Video Conference Room and each session lasts one hour. The first session, which will be focusing on cross platform projects, will take place on September 30, 2010 at 14:00.
Upon the announcement of this new format EDN Head of Office Cecilia Lidin said:
‘The aim of the EDN Online Pitching Sessions is to create a forum where documentary projects with a specific focus can be introduced and discussed. This low cost online set-up makes it possible for EDN to create space for introductions and discussions of themes and focuses not always possible in the offline world. It is an effective way of creating new networks and structures within the documentary sector’
Enter your cross platform project
The focus for the first EDN Online Pitching Session will be on cross platform documentaries. The session is scheduled for September 30, 2010 at 14:00. Deadline for submitting your project is on September 15, 2010.
In order to submit your documentary project you must:
1) Upload your documentary project at the EDN web site. You do so by adding the project in question to your EDN Membership Profile.
2) Email a 2-page description of your project and a link to the project profile at the EDN web site to Ove Rishøj Jensen – ove_@If you can read this, please upgrade to a modern browser.edn.dk.
The 2-page presentation should include:
- title, name of producer, production company and director, lengths & formats for the different cross platform components as well as production plan/time of delivery
- short synopsis
- treatment with visual approach, reflections on the narrative and how it spans across different platforms
- the total budget amount and a brief financing plan
- short CV & filmography of company and director
Participating in the EDN Online Pitching Session is free of charge, but it requires that you have created an EDN Membership Profile and that you are a member of EDN. Here you can join EDN.
Here you can read more about the first EDN Online Pitching Session.