Call for Submissions: Lisbon Docs 2018
EDN - European Documentary Network is calling all filmmakers to submit their projects for the 19th edition of Lisbon Docs, the international financing and co-production forum for documentaries. Lisbon Docs concentrates on strategies to create top-quality documentary projects and delivering them to a wide range of different audiences. Lisbon Docs is a reference for professionals who seek financing and co-production opportunities for documentary projects. The submission deadline is July 30, 2018.
Lisbon Docs is a forum for international financing and co-production opportunities aimed at professionals who want to bring their documentary projects to the international market. At Lisbon Docs, participants will be introduced to the power of new players in the distribution and financing markets. The workshop sessions will focus on analyzing the content of the selected projects and delivering advice on how to tell stories in a way that allows filmmakers to reach audiences without sacrificing artistic integrity. Past editions of Lisbon Docs included high profile decision makers and panel members from organizations such as ZDF/ARTE, YLE, NDR, PBS, Al Jazeera, The Guardian, VRT, ERT, CPH:DOX and many more.
Lisbon Docs is open for all European documentary professionals and has a limited number of seats for participants coming from outside Europe. Submissions are accepted from professionals, who want to take part in a development process with an intense creative dialogue and present their projects to potential documentary financiers, European television channels and producers. In the past, Lisbon Docs has proven to be successful in pushing filmmakers into the international scene.
The Lisbon Docs Forum consists of two distinct working phases:
• The Lisbon Docs Workshop —the first part is a workshop during which the participants are accompanied by a team of experienced tutors in the development of their projects.
• The Pitching Sessions — The second part consists of two pitching sessions where the projects are presented to a panel of production and distribution professionals, potential co-producers and financiers.
Participants of Lisbon Docs will gain a great network of international colleagues and get unique opportunities to introduce their documentary projects to industry professionals. This year's edition of Lisbon Docs will take place from 14 to 20 October 2018 at Culturgest in Lisbon, Portugal.
HOW TO APPLY
For more information about the programme and how to apply please visit the following link:
Successful projects developed at Lisbon Docs include:
• Blackhearts directed by Fredrik Horn Akselsen, produced by Christian Falch , Gammaglimt, Norway
• Home directed by Josephine Landertinger Forero, Global Eyes Production, Germany
• Machine of Human Dreams directed by Roy Cohen, produced by Mike Lerner, Roast Beef Productions, UK
This news story has also been published as a press release which is available here.
Further links at edn.network
Search among 600+ events in the DOCalendar