91st Academy Awards: Nominees for 'Best Documentary Film' Revealed
The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences announced on Tuesday the final selection of nominated documentary films that will make its way into the competition for this year's Oscar awards.
The shortlist for best documentary feature films nominated for the 91st Academy Awards has been narrowed down from 15 films (announced in December) to five titles that will go on to compete in the category "Best Documentary Feature Film" at this year's competition for the Oscar awards.
The 91st Academy Award winners will be announced in Los Angeles on 24 February 2019. The Oscars will also be televised live in more than 225 countries and territories worldwide. For more information about the awards, please visit the website of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.
Documentary Nominees for the 91st Academy Awards
• Free Solo | Elizabeth Chai Vasarhelyi, Jimmy Chin, Evan Hayes and Shannon Dill
• Hale County This Morning, This Evening | RaMell Ross, Joslyn Barnes and Su Kim
• Minding the Gap | Bing Liu and Diane Quon
• Of Fathers and Sons | Talal Derki, Ansgar Frerich, Eva Kemme and Tobias N. Siebert
• RBG | Betsy West and Julie Cohen
Best Short Film Documentary
• Black Sheep | Ed Perkins and Jonathan Chinn
• End Game | Rob Epstein and Jeffrey Friedman
• Lifeboat | Skye Fitzgerald and Bryn Mooser
• A Night at the Garden | Marshall Curry
• Period. End of Sentence. | Rayka Zehtabchi and Melissa Berton
The full list of all nomination categories of the 91st Academy Awards can be found here.
Related links at edn.network
Search among 900+ film festivals in the EDN Festival Calendar