National Film Centre of Latvia
FULL DESCRIPTION: The Baltic Sea Forum for Documentaries is organised by The National Film Centre of Latvia in collaboration with the European Documentary Network and Baltic Films. Baltic Sea Forum forum is further supported by the MEDIA Programme of the EU.
The Baltic Sea Forum consists of:
- A three-day pitching seminar with preparatory workshop for the selected documentary pitching teams on project and trailer development, pitching training and international co-production matters
- Two days of pitching where the documentary projects are pitched to a panel of around 14-16 international commissioning editors followed by one-to-one meetings
- Documentary film screenings for general public and professionals
- Professional networking and meetings during the five days in a friendly and positive environment.
Who can participate in this initiative?
You can apply, if you represent one of the following:
- Independent production companies from the wider Baltic Sea Region countries
- Independent production companies from developing democracies of the former Soviet Union
- Independent production companies from other European countries if the documentary subject relates to the wider Baltic Sea Region.
Producers may also attend the Forum as observers without pitching a project.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for participation at the Baltic Sea Forum the producer has to submit the following information on each project:
Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania: There is no participation fee. The support for accommodation costs of the producers with selected projects is subject to further agreement between the film institutions of all 3 countries.
Other countries: There is no participation fee. The producers with the selected project cover their travel and accommodation costs themselves.
For more information please visit the official Baltic Sea Forum website.
Contact us for further info:
☛ back to index