Nordisk Panorama, DocPoint
SFI, DFI, NFI and AVEK
FULL DESCRIPTION: Twelve for the Future is focusing on project development, networking, presentation techniques and financing opportunities. Guided by experienced tutors and working in small groups, the workshop creates an informal atmosphere of knowledge and mutual inspiration, leading to encouraging discussions, feedback and new contacts.
The workshop programme is divided in two parts. The first part takes place in September in Sweden and focuses on the development of the participants' projects. Twelve for the Future is made possible in collaboration with Nordisk Panorama Forum for Co-financing of Documentaries and further offers observer seats for all interested workshop participants for the two pitching days. Furthermore a discount on the observer seat will be available for all participants who are newcomers to the Forum. Nordisk Panorama Forum for Co-financing of Documentaries takes place in Malmö, Sweden.
The second part of Twelve for the Future takes place in January in Helsinki, Finland in conjunction with the DocPoint Documentary Film Festival. Here the participants have individual meetings with financers from Nordic TV channels and Film Institutes.
In the period between the two sessions, the participants can be in contact with EDN for further guidance on their project development and presentations. Twelve for the Future has for many newcomers in the field of international documentary filmmaking proved to establish a useful network among Nordic colleagues and financiers.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants need to submit a 2-page presentation incl. the following elements:
The participation fee is 1.100 Euro for each person. This includes hotel, food and all materials for both the 1st and 2nd part. Transportation to the workshop venues is not included in the fee.
*We would like to encourage producer & director teams to participate together
Successful projects from previous editions:
- Pine Ridge | directed by Anna Eborn. Produced by Katja Adomeit, Adomeit Film, Denmark.
- Wei Wei - the Fake Case | directed by Andreas Johnsen. Produced by Katrine A Sahlstrøm, Rosforth and Danish Documentary, Denmark.
- A Separation | directed by Karin Ekberg. Produced by David Herdies, Momento Film, Sweden.
- My Godfather, his Thai Bride and Me | directed by Wille Hyvönen. Produced by Elina Pohjola, Pohjola-filmi Oy, Finland.
- Light Fly, Fly High | directed and produced by Susann Østigaard & Beathe Hofseth, Fri Film, Norway.
Phone: +45 3313 1122
☛ back to index