The EDN Financing Guide
The EDN Financing Guide is the most cost effective funding tool for documentary professionals. In addition to the extensive global overview of broadcasters, funds and distributors, the 2017 edition of the documentary guide includes an updated overview of co-production possibilities in 30 European countries. When you join EDN you will get access to this online searchable edition and the printed copy of the guide.
The EDN Financing Guide provides detailed information about:
- - 900+ comm. editors & buyers
- - 400+ documentary strands
- - 350+ documentary departments
- - 350+ distributors & VOD platforms
- - 200+ film funds
The online version of the guide (see video introductions), provides you with detailed search options, so you can find the precise information you need. For instance your can locate:
- - 142 documentary sales agents
- - 101 regional film funds
- - 109 commissioners and buyers in the UK
- - 63 TV strands showing 1-hour current affairs programs in Europe
- - 35 European arts and culture TV-departments
- - 18 German broadcasters showing documentaries
You can find detailed search options and further information in each of the following five sections:
The EDN Co-Production Guide
With the EDN Co-Production Guide you get information on:
- Co-produced titles, funding amounts and regional funds
- Guidelines to national and regional funds
- Requirements for co-production funding
- Productions co-produced by broadcasters
- Examples of a co-production agreement
- Relevant links
The EDN Co-Production Guide holds information from 30 European countries. All information is provided by experienced producers in each country. For more information on how to use the guide for your next co-production, please also check out this video introduction.
Don't take our word for it!
'The EDN Financing Guide is a sine qua non for everybody who wants to succeed in finding money in the international documentary jungle.'
- Adriek van Nieuwenhuyzen, Head of Industry Office, IDFA, The Netherlands
See a list with all our EDN Financing Guide Advocates.
Here you can read more about our printed version of The EDN Financing Guide
If you have comments, questions or ideas about content to be included in our EDN Financing Guide please contact us at edn_@If you can read this, please upgrade to a modern browser.edn.network.
Video Introduction of the EDN Financing Guide
Below you will find a brief introduction to the EDN Financing Guide, the most cost-effective funding tool for documentary professionals. Providing hundreds of contact details of commissioning editors, buyers, sales agents, distributors, funds and broadcasters, the EDN Financing Guide is a key resource for bringing your documentary to the market — click here to watch the video in full-screen.
Further Video Introductions
Below you will find further video introductions on how to use the different sections of the online version of the EDN Financing Guide on our website. These are also available in the related sections of the guide.
Get documentary news, knowledge and updates from EDN
If you want to stay updated on what is happening in the world of documentary, get upcoming deadlines, important news as well as knowledge about the international documentary world, EDN is offering different newsletter services fitting your needs.
Here you can read more about our newsletter services.