Registration for Greenhouse 2014-15 is now open
Greenhouse is an international initiative aimed at developing and nurturing documentary filmmakers in the Southern Mediterranean region by providing them with expert mentoring in the context of three, successive workshops. Submission deadline is August 20, 2014.
Greenhouse is a yearly program hosting 12-16 projects teams invited to participate in three seminars in which they will develop a full international production package and a pilot. The program concludes with a pitching forum with international commissioning editors, film funds directors, producers and distributors from the international documentary market.
The requirements to apply for Greenhouse are:
- ■ The participants must be citizens of one of the Southern Mediterranean countries: Algeria, Egypt, Israel, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Palestine, Syria Tunisia and Turkey
- ■ The seminars, workshops and tutorial sessions will be held in English. Participants must have basic knowledge of this language
- ■ The selected filmmaker will have to participate in a full series of three seminars within a year
- ■ The project submitted may be in any stage of development, including initial footage
- ■ Applicant may act as a director-producer of a project
- ■ Eligible are filmmakers who made at least one short film but not more than two one-hour films or a feature length documentary.
The filmmakers selected for Greenhouse will be awarded a complete grant covering tuition fees, round trip plane ticket, accommodations and meals during the seminar.
To read more about Greenhouse please go to the Greenhouse web site
Related links at edn.dk
See links to documentary training in Resources
Search among 500+ events in the EDN DOCalendar