Crossing Borders 2017 Part 3
December 6-9, 2017. Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
The third session of the Crossing Borders programme 2017 will be a Distribution & Outreach Workshop that includes the presentation of projects to financiers and sales agents.
Crossing Borders is a training programme for documentary professionals in Europe and Asia looking to access the international documentary market. The programme has so far taken place in China (2010), Malaysia (2011 & 2013), Indonesia (2015) and South Korea (2012 & 2016). The deadline for submitting projects is 7 April 2017.
The Crossing Borders programme aims to bring together filmmakers and documentary experts from both Europe and Asia, who are highly motivated to collaborate with each other across national borders with the ambition to enter each other's markets both artistically and financially. Crossing Borders is organised by EDN and Documentary Campus and presented in partnership with FINAS – The National Film Development Corporation Malaysia and MyDocs.
For more information about Crossing Borders programme, please also see:
- Crossing Borders 2017 Part 1
- Crossing Borders 2017 Part 2
List of Decision Makers
• Dato Azmir, Deputy Director General, FINAS, Malaysia
• Justin Deimen, Managing Partner, Aurora Media Holdings / Aurora Global Media Capital, Singapore
• Meriem Mesraoua, Grants Senior Coordinator, Doha Film Institute, Qatar
• Mavourneen Dineen, Senior Producer for 101East, Al Jazeera Media Network, Malaysia
• Taiyi Liu, Taiwan Section Chief, Media Development, Dept. Curation & Acquisition Section, DaAi TV
(Tzu Chi Culture and Communication Foundation), Taiwan
• Laura Glassman, VP of Programming and Production, Regional, NGC, Hong Kong
• Panuksmi Hardjowirogo, Founding Producer, M'GO FILMS, Singapore
• Apoorva Bakshi, Managing Director Original Productions, Filmkaravan, USA
• Laetitia Schoofs, Commissioning Editor, Buddhist Programming, KRO-NCRV, The Netherlands
• Yoshihiko Ichiya, Japan Senior Producer / Global Content, Development Division, NHK, Japan
• Jae Hyuk Lee, Senior Vice President of CJ Factual Studios, CJ E&M, Korea
Participating as an Observer
The 'pitching day' of the event on December 9, 2017 is open to observers — if you're interested in participating, you can register here.
Pitch Prize / Asian Side of the Doc
One documentary project from the Crossing Borders 2017 programme will get the unique opportunity to pitch at "Asian Side of the Doc" and access funding from international commissioning editors at its 8th edition being held from January 30 to February 2, 2018 in Bangkok, Thailand. More information can be found here.
About Crossing Borders
Crossing Borders is an international training programme launched in 2010 by Documentary Campus and the EDN – European Documentary Network. It brings together filmmakers and documentary experts from both Europe and Asia, who are highly motivated to collaborate with each other across national borders, and have the ambition to enter each other’s markets both artistically and financially.
Through one-to-one sessions with recognized professionals and trainers from around the world, the programme offers creative and practical support for targeting a project for the international market. The aim is to create an invaluable network between Europe and Asia and to furnish the participants with the necessary knowledge and contacts for their future work on an international level. For more information on previous editions of Crossing Borders and examples of participating projects and success stories visit www.documentary-campus.com
Crossing Borders is an initiative by:
+45 3313 1122